By Mark Conway Munro
Mark Munro brings transparent language and prepared association to the exposition of AppleScript. even though, this ebook is greater than an outstanding reference advisor to the AppleScript language, it's a passionate paean to automation and efficiency.
John Thorsen Jr.
Read or Download AppleScript (Developer Reference) PDF
Best operating systems books
Navigate the Aqua interface like a professional as you speedy grasp model 10. three projects, together with coping with your records and disks and customizing your Mac. From the fundamentals of operating with menus and laptop setup to the cool beneficial properties of iTunes, iPhoto, and iChat, you? ll deal with your Mac with self belief. filled with step by step directions and genuine screenshots, "Mac OS X model 10.
Moveable and special, this pocket-sized consultant offers prepared solutions for automating daily system-administration projects with home windows PowerShell. 0 in on middle instructions and strategies utilizing quick-reference tables, directions, and lists. You’ll get the concentrated details you want to shop time and get the activity done—whether at your table or within the box.
Speaking Sequential procedures (CSP) has been used largely for instructing and utilising concurrency concept, ever because the booklet of the textual content speaking Sequential techniques by way of C. A. R. Hoare in 1985. either a programming language and a specification language, CSP is helping clients to appreciate concurrent structures, and to determine even if a application meets its specification.
- Linux Bible, 2005 Edition
- Think UNIX (Que-Consumer-Other)
- Linux programming unleashed
- Mastering Digital Audio Production: The Professional Music Workflow with Mac OS X
Additional info for AppleScript (Developer Reference)
Imagine a nightmarish world in which every Web site had its own language and, therefore, its own browser. Perhaps that is a bit dramatic, but that is not totally unlike the way things were with automation. In a world without AppleScript, each application would need its own macro language and features. To use them, you would have to learn and remember each of them from any number of applications. Creating a macro that works across multiple applications would be difficult to virtually impossible.
2. AppleScript provides an easy to learn, English-like language that enables users to write scripts that send and receive Apple Events. Each script acts like a new feature of the OS or an application. Scripts can integrate third-party applications, creating custom solutions that perform very specific tasks. Because of its English-like syntax, even novice programmers can build scripts to perform virtually any function. With pervasive support of AppleScript throughout the Mac OS and many third-party applications, it is the ideal platform to create efficiency-rich, workflow automation solutions.
Chapter 2: Workflow Automation with AppleScript 29 Quantifying the return on investment potential of AppleScript Many of the arguments for the adoption of workflow automation in general and AppleScript automation in particular might seem obvious. However, it is always nice to be objective and simply present established facts to support such claims, especially when you are attempting to convince those who control a budget that it is worth the investment. As fortune would have it, in 1999 GISTICS, a research firm that investigates new technology adoption and the strategic role that third-party developers play in maximizing the payback of new technologies, created seven informative publications analyzing Apple’s technology.