By Scott Kaufman
With 30 historiographical essays through proven and emerging students, this Companion is a entire photograph of the presidencies and legacies of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter.
- Examines vital nationwide and foreign occasions in the course of the Seventies, in addition to presidential projects, crises, and legislation
- Discusses the biography of every guy ahead of getting into the White condo, his legacy and paintings after leaving place of work, and the lives of Betty Ford, Rosalynn Carter, and their families
- Covers key topics and matters, together with Watergate and the pardon of Richard Nixon, the Vietnam warfare, neoconservatism and the increase of the hot correct, and the Iran hostage crisis
- Incorporates presidential, diplomatic, army, fiscal, social, and cultural history
- Uses the newest learn and newly published records from the 2 Presidential Libraries and the country Department
Read Online or Download A Companion to Gerald R. Ford and Jimmy Carter PDF
Similar government books
Overseas Intervention in Africa chronicles the overseas political and army interventions in Africa through the classes of decolonization (1956-1975) and the chilly warfare (1945-1991), in addition to through the sessions of kingdom cave in (1991-2001) and the "global warfare on terror" (2001-2010). within the first classes, the main major intervention used to be extra-continental.
This sequence of case-studies of reform laws in Congress through the early 20th century explores the character of progressivism and the procedures of political swap which led to the institution of the trendy American country. one of the themes coated are railroad rules, exertions family members, social coverage of the District of Columbia, Republican insurgency, and the character of Democratic progressivism.
American executive and Politics is a totally new introductory textbook designed and written for all scholars of politics coming to the topic for the 1st time. It offers a full of life and obtainable creation and consultant to the entire major beneficial properties and features of 1 of the main special and intricate modern political platforms on the planet.
A special and convenient advisor to the legislation of land from certainly one of America's so much esteemed constitutional students. identified around the state for his visual appeal at the day-by-day exhibit with Jon Stewart, Professor Richard Beeman is likely one of the nation's most desirable specialists at the usa structure. during this booklet, he has produced what each American must have: a compact, totally annotated replica of the statement of Independence, the structure and amendments, all of their entirety.
- The Voluntary Sector, the State and the Law
- Social Class, Politics, and Urban Markets: The Makings of Bias in Policy Outcomes
- Why Government Fails So Often: And How It Can Do Better
- Pregnancy Discrimination and the American Worker
- Local Governance Reform in Global Perspective
Additional info for A Companion to Gerald R. Ford and Jimmy Carter
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. New York: New Press. Westport, CT: Greenwood. New York: Norton. Jefferson, NC: McFarland. New York: Hill and Wang. The Cambridge History of the Cold War. New York: Cambridge University Press. Arlington Heights, IL: Harlan Davidson. , 56–89. F. London: Palgrave. New York: Random House. New York: Knopf. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. Gore. New York: Oxford University Press. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press.
Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press. London: Verso. Boston: McGraw-Hill. Malden, MA: Blackwell. Primacy or World Order: American Foreign Policy since the Cold War. New York: McGraw-Hill. New York: Basic Books. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. New York: Routledge. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky. New York: Cambridge University Press. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. “The Limits of Linkage: The Nixon Administration and Willy Brandt’s Ostpolitik, 1969–72,” International History Review 33: 277–297.
New York: Farrar Straus Giroux. Boston: Scandinavian University Press. New York: Cambridge University Press. Bloomington: Indiana University Press. Akron, OH: University of Akron Press. New York: Basic Books. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press. , 173–199. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press. , 89–111. A personal memoir by a member of Kissinger’s National Security Council staff, Hyland’s work addresses the internal and external factors which at the time of publication were preventing détente from becoming a reality.